Connect Talent Solutions is a fast growing, innovative staffing firm offering direct placement, contract and contract to hire solutions.
At Connect, people are the center of our universe and we go to great lengths to ensure that our customers and candidates have the most enjoyable and informational hiring experience that will encourage and foster fruitful, long term relationships and careers.
We are looking for a Machinist Mate to join our office located in Southside Hampton Roads, VA. We offer the potential for career development, the opportunity to create positive change in the world, and the chance to be a part of a great team. And we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
- Complete the planner qualification card Sections I, II, III to write Non-SUBSAFE and NON-SOC work (TGIs).
- Research and develop technical work documents (TGIs) (Non-SUBSAFE) for the restoration/repair of various shipboard components through the review of applicable drawings and references.
- Research and develop technical work documents (TGIs) (Non-SUBSAFE) with a minimum of structural or pipe welding through the review of applicable drawings and references.
- Proper use & familiarity with the UIPIs, Navy Standard Items, OII-MSD Submarine & Deep Submergence Systems Quality Assurance Manual, OII-MSD Process Instructions as defined by OII-MSD PI Training Matrix with emphasis on PI-012, 021, 024, 025, 026, 059 & 064.
- Conduct all necessary research, to include reading source material, using the ATIS application software, working with other subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Print all available drawings/references in ATIS that are applicable to the task for inclusion in the work package for on-site use. In addition, obtain applicable ASW/CS Test Procedures and specifications/standards for inclusion in the package.
- Read, understand and interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics and specifications to determine the requirements for the tasks assigned.
- Review and maintain the master database of TGIs on electronic media for task assignment and TGI status updates for configuration management in accordance with published procedures.
- Strong research abilities using WWW search engines, databases, ATIS, and other available resources.
- Understand all of the phases in the process of developing/issuing a TGI from the assignment, development, review, issue and maintenance of the final TGI.
- Progress towards completion of the planner qualification card for Planner II.
- Directly reports to the Planning Supervisor
- Coordinates with other areas of the business in support of project and customer objectives.
- BS in an engineering discipline; or AS in an engineering discipline with additional vocational courses in pipefitting, plumbing or hydraulic systems practice and theory; or High School/GED with Apprenticeship Diploma; or ten years military and/or civilian experience with Naval Submarine systems repair, modification or installation in a repair department or shipyard.
- Five years’ experience in writing maintenance, operations and troubleshooting and testing procedures (Task Group Instructions (TGI’s), Formal Work Procedures (FWP’s), Controlled Work Procedures (CWP’s).
- In-depth working knowledge of the following: Submarine HM&E systems (repair/installation practices, procedures, alignments, troubleshooting, welding, brazing, etc.), Combat System (VLS and torpedo stowage, handling, launching components & associated systems and the 3” Launcher system, Sail, Mast and antennas systems.
- Display knowledge of UIPIs, Navy Standard Items, MILSPEC, Level 1 and SUBSAFE requirements.
- Experienced with technical documentation development and editing of large-scale systems for both commercial and military customers, with experience in technical writing and editing in engineering topics; Engineering background desired.
- In-depth working knowledge with AIM work breakdown is a plus.
- Secret Clearance required