Position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides Geospatial based software design with emphasis on:
- Graphical user interface
- Vector based mapping
- Raster based mapping
- Demonstrates a strong proficiency of programming concepts including, but not limited to:
- Object oriented programming
- Design patterns
- Inter-process communication
- Ability to performance tuning and debugging.
- Experience with Electronic Nautical Charts (ENCs), IHO, S-57, S-100, ECDIS, and/or Digital Nautical Charts (DNCs) a plus.
- Understands software languages including C#, .NET, Lua, Mono (A Plus), GUI – WPF.
- Required traveling approximately 5% of the time.
Candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related Scientific discipline from ABET accredited program.
- Ten (10) + years of experience in Geospatial/Geographical Information Systems (GIS) software design.
- Experience using advanced programming languages.
Active Secret Security Clearance required.
We are a federal government contractor and pursuant to recent executive action, any employee working on or in support of a covered federal contract must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Candidates hired after December 8, 2021 will need to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of such after receipt of a conditional job offer.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, traits associated with race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including lactation, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, veterans’ status, or any additional factors that are protected by law.