Connect Talent Solutions, one of Hampton Roads fastest growing, innovative staffing firms is looking for an Accounting Clerk.
The Accounting Clerk will report directly to the Accounting Manager under minimal supervision and will support general accounting responsibilities. The Accounting Clerk will also be responsible for:
- Assisting in the preparation and processing of accounts payable invoices, journal entries, accounts receivable, time and labor reporting, employee expense reports and assist with audits or annual reporting requirements along with other accounting related tasks.
- Individual will perform various routine accounting functions on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, provide audit support and demonstrate the ability assist other team members when required.
The expectation of this function requires stringent attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to communicate effectively within the division. Assignments are well-defined, routine in nature and are covered by established policies and/or procedures.
- Scan and file accounting documents in accordance with record retention guidelines
- Audit and process expense reports
- Reconcile employee advance accounts
- Prepare and process account payable invoices and purchase order payments
- Perform weekly Time & Labor Administrator responsibilities (all aspects)
- Prepare journal entries
- Accounts Receivable (collection calls, invoice entry, AR tracking)
- File and maintain accounting records and other clerical reports related to the accounting operation
- Understand and assist with the Match Exception and RNV reports/account reconciliations (all aspects)
- Understand and comply with Accounting policies and procedures (SOX, Gov’t Business Systems, corporate and local process/policies/process instructions)