Connect Talent Solutions is a fast growing, innovative staffing firm offering direct placement, contract and contract to hire solutions. We are uniquely positioned and experienced to support your requirements from IT and engineering to general labor and customer service positions. At Connect, people are the center of our universe and we go to great lengths to ensure that our customers and candidates have the most enjoyable and informational hiring experience that will encourage and foster fruitful, long term relationships and careers.
As a Junior Data Scientist, you will work as part of a small team of data engineers, database developers and visualization specialists to analyze large sets of structured data, looking for anomalies and undiscovered correlations. You will combine analytic, Python, and R skills to discover and solve data problems obscured to the layman by the sheer volume of data, apply fuzzy matching and statistical analysis to find and deal with inaccurate data points or missing data, and work with data providers to correct their input feeds. You will use a variety of tools to profile and visualize data, developing reports, dashboards, and repeatable analyses for leadership.
- Perform deep dive analysis into data sets and reports to identify problems or suspected issues with collected data.
- Analyze business operations requirements for data, evaluate existing data quality, and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Analyze output products to assure data quality and conformance to requirements.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to increase available data quality and speed of delivery.
- Participate on an Agile development team, using Scrum techniques, as a contributing development team member.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, however, adequate work experience and training will be considered for a stellar candidate.
Agile development certifications preferred.
TS/SCI clearance required
Desired Core Skills:
- Good Python Scripting
- SQL Scripting
- MS Excel (e.g., vlookup, pivot tables , etc)
- Time management skills and the drive to work with limited supervision within a small team
- Ability to manage priorities across multiple project tasks
Preferable Secondary Skills:
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience with analytic tools like Tableau, Kibana, or Alteryx,
- Experience with relational databases like Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL
- Jupiter Notebook
- R Studio
Connect Talent Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans or veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply.