Connect Talent Solutions is a fast growing, innovative staffing firm offering direct placement, contract and contract to hire solutions. We are uniquely positioned and experienced to support your requirements from IT and engineering to general labor and customer service positions. At Connect, people are the center of our universe and we go to great lengths to ensure that our customers and candidates have the most enjoyable and informational hiring experience that will encourage and foster fruitful, long term relationships and careers.
As a Senior Database Manager, you will manage the design, planning, implementation and administration of databases, including security, access and documentation.
This position is responsible for database design, implementation and administration. You will collaborate with program teams and other engineers in the development of data products. Candidate will develop rapid and reliable data pipelines that make data easily consumable by analytic tools, other systems, and end users.
- Coordinate with Extract, Transform, & Load (ETL) engineers to ingest data ensuring consistency and integration with data warehouse structure.
- Implement business operations requirements for data and data usage, analyze new data sources, and recommend solutions and improvements.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide new functionality, including performing proactive maintenance to ensure high availability.
- Participate on an Agile development team using Scrum techniques, as the database technical expert .
- Monitor database performance, document changes and implement fixes to incidents and problems.
- Develop artifacts to support data dictionaries, database structure documentation and architecture views.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Present technical processes and topics to internal engineering teams as necessary to propagate best practices and ensure project and program success.
Bachelor's degree preferred, but adequate work experience and training will be considered for a stellar candidate.
TS/SCI clearance required.
Desired Core Skills:
- Direct experience implementing Extract, Transform, Load techniques.
- Direct knowledge of data warehouses with emphasis on Python & SQL scripting related to large data sets.
- Ability to present data and concepts to technical audiences.
- Knowledge or experience with Agile Scrum practices.
- Excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised or within a small team.
- Ability to manage priorities across multiple project tasks.
- Ability to work within accelerated schedule timelines while delivering high quality products to the customer.
Preferable Secondary Skills:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), and or Advanced ITIL Certified.
- General knowledge of SLA’s and IT service catalogs for labor and material.
Connect Talent Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans or veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply.