Specific Job Requirements:
- Prototyping, planning, and oversight of the installation of complex electronic and networking systems on vehicles and in transit authority bus depots.
- Troubleshooting, component repair, and technical maintenance of on-board electronic equipment in buses, trains, and other transit vehicles.
- Work will take place in Transit Authority garages. Work hours may vary depending on Transit Authority needs. This could include off hour support.
- Training of customer staff and subcontractors. Perform quality control on work performed by customer maintenance personnel
- Supervision of subcontractors during installation
- Oversee, create, and update standard customer service documents. This includes but is not limited to Preventive Maintenance checklists, Acceptance Test Procedures, Troubleshooting documentation, and Knowledge Base entry.
- Works closely with various customer departments and subcontractors, acting as a single point of contact
- Ensure tasks are completed on time, open issues are resolved in a timely manner, and issues are escalated as appropriate
- Reports work status to project managers and provides regular, informal performance feedback to immediate Supervisor about maintenance support by customer
- Candidate will work on-site at multiple locations throughout North America with extensive travel up to 80%.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Associate's degree in Electronics Technology and a minimum of 3 years’ of applicable
- experience. Will consider motivated recent grads with less experience and a high level of basic skills.
- Experience with electronics, computer systems, wireless communications, wired communications, networking, and Windows software applications.
- Extensive electronic troubleshooting experience required. Candidates must be proficient with standard tools such as multi-meters and oscilloscopes and have the ability to read and schematics, CAD drawings, and technical documentation.
- Mechanical skills including experience with cabling, mounting of electronic assemblies, grounding, shielding and soldering.
- Experience with MS-Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must be able to work independently and have leadership qualities such as assertiveness, motivation and decision making.
Superior written and verbal communication skills required.